Erren7

Return of the K-34 Komandirskie

Coming soon...

20150918193450_nze0ng3d1of.jpg

20150918193451_m2renirm1ch.jpg

20150918193453_mpqg2nkha1f.jpg

The GMT models look basically the same as the long sold-out earlier versions -- the only differences I can detect are a different bezel with a shorter bezel crown, and a new band with straight ends (vs. the old version with a curve at the lugs). The black faced models used to have hands that were entirely lumed, and the third watch used to have more red in the dial. I was hoping for some all-new K-34s with new dials paying homage to the Komandirskies of the 1980s, but the fact that these are back in production is a good sign.

Here are the earlier versions of these models...

20150918193457_k3e4f54ayjh.jpg

20150918193459_uzynkmxeagh.jpg

20150918193503_b0y5pxqysr3.jpg

Great news, I was looking for that black GMT for several months before giving up.

This is true of almost all new watches in the affordable range, including Swiss and many forum favorites on here, such as the Okean final edition, Strela 3133, etc. Case/hand/dial production for almost all budget brands is mostly Chinese, just a fact of life. It's amazing that Vostok still produces the components for the classic line in Russia, definitely an exception to the rule.

Thanks Mister Mike for update. I have the older models yellow GMT and the yellow sub dial in yellow and are my favorite Vostoks. That black sub dial looks really neat. The most important part is the movt and its all Vostok and the the dial is not chinese but made in Spain I think. I have had more positive comments when wearing the yellow sub dial then any other watch I worn.

The font size and type of the internal rotating ring are also different.

But what repels me is that look of the crown stem on the photo of the black GMT. Looks like the crown was glued on the stem, and poorly at that leaving a gap between the crown and the case.

This is so....not-Vostok.

P.S. Do not own the old version, so cannot compare. Only comment.

At long last...

---> ObZerver - I have the old version. Dreadful reliability of the automatic movement and imprecise assembly, but pretty good material quality for the price. Oh, and the looks :) ! It's one of the most beautiful military watches one can get. The Hamilton Khaki Pioneer is probably even nicer, but a few times more expensive...

Mine runs very precisely, and has done so for about 5 years now. No assembly problems either, all functions like it should and the internal bezel rotates without too much play. There is a tiny misalignment of the GMT hand but nothing that hinders usability since the 24h scale rotates. Seems like you have worse luck with Vostok watches than I have

20150918193505_qvo1gzfwdzs.gif