Sign in to follow this  
Fei683

Slava Monster 2427: bracelet deployant clasp issues

I just picked up this Slava Monster 2427 at a street market (along with other things); it would be the first Monster for me. While the mechanical aspect can be attended to by my repairer, there is an issue with the deployant clasp.

20150918193944_05swu3xecgh.JPG

20150918193945_05ljus214jj.JPG

The whole clasp looks as if any Monster looks after Perseus had finished with it! the two curved bits are loose against each other, but I think they can be tightened. The external signed buckle looks the worse on the outside, as if someone had hit it with a hammer from several directions to get it to fit. The two springbars for securing the ends to the buckle are not original, and made for 18mm rather than 16mm, and the eyelets had been prised open further to accommodate them.

From the side, you can see the reason:

20150918193947_xoorvj1ftf3.JPG

One of the curved plates had been bent upwards to become almost a hook shape. This is to make the buckle able to grab hold of it:

20150918193948_y2uibp4elai.JPG

No bracelet maker would have allowed something like this to leave the factory. I am beginning to wonder if the person who re-assembled this deployant assembly had it wrong: the middle curved plate is normally fixed to the hole at the very end, but it looks like it really should go one hole further back, but that also makes the hole at the end useless.

I have only another Slava deployant bracelet, in as new condition and never been messed with, and the hole at the end is indeed used.

Knowing I cannot swap the bracelet for something else due to the single lug design of the case, I would have to get this bracelet to work. I would indeed be grateful if fellow Monster owners can check out their deployant clasps to see which way I should go to get it to work again.

Holes are being used properly according to mine. It looks like the bottom plate attached to the left hand side of bracelet in your picture has been replaced with one too long. Since it is too long, it has been bent up to engage the logo clasp. Or top logo clasp has been put on a different folding assembly which has been bent to function.

20150918194000_2hlr3zopim3.jpg

20150918194015_pvrm2x3qbal.jpg

20150918194032_2zjgczxfi3q.jpg

20150918194038_gtzm4bsshdd.jpg

Schnurrp,

Now that sounds like the best explanation! I would have to do some serious thinking as in getting it restored to the way it's meant to be, and yet I am not prepared to cannibalize the new deployant mechanism from the other Slava bracelet originally for the white-and-red quartz "goo monster"...

Looks right to me but looks stretched (left one) it might of jammed up and forced open. The middle piece looks stretched and also the link end this in turn would make it seem longer maybe your watchguy could bend them back into shape.

P.s nice tv dial watch.

Maybe flatten out the bottom plate that's been curved up, and move the logo clasp to the left a hole or two to engage the bottom plate. No particular reason I can see why the clasp has to be attached at the last hole except to maximize adjustment of the bracelet size.