Sign in to follow this  
YyffM74

The travelling Vostok, who wants it?

I was thinking about doing this last year. I wanted to send a watch around the world to WUS f10 forumers.

I have a CCCP Vostok 2409A I received in a box lot over the summer. It has a burn mark from sitting in a store display under where the hour hand sat at 2 O'clock. The lume is gone from the hour hand and the dial looks like it never had any. I was told it is NOS. It does not have a band but I'm sure everyone has a bund or NATO to put it on.

I'm not real fond of it but thought why not service it and send it off?

Who ever wants it first, PM me your address and I will ship it on Monday.

When you receive it post a photo wrist shot with a background of your choice and keep it for 1, 2, 3 days or more. When you are ready, post it for the next forumer to send it to. If it goes to Italy it may take 40 days to get there.

How or why did I come up with this? I don't know.

It would be interesting to see where it goes in 1 year.

20150918194137_h24i1a4tfjx.JPG

20150918194145_fcwkvzlew0r.JPG

20150918194151_grosc2wlu5z.JPG

Note to mods, if this post is too goofy or too wacky, please delete.

20150918194151_bj5qamrqo1t.gif

Dan

wonderful idea! well I'm one of those few forumers in Central America and I dare to say (...sadly) the only one in Costa Rica... I'll love to have it some days and to take it to the beach and the mountain ;) count with me!!!

The watchmaking forum has a similar thread and it is still currently traveling. The watch is a broken watch picked up from somewhere and the forum members send it around and take a shot at fixing it or just taking pictures. WUSF6 Watchmakers of the World Watch Tour

We had a similar thread in the BDWF Russian watch forum when it was still active. It was set up as a photo competition, and whoever took the coolest photos would win the actual watch. I was participating and provided the photo below, from the helm of a large cruise ship. The Captain though the idea was amusing and alowed me and my family in for a 30 minutes photo session.

However, when the competition was over the forum was no longer active, and a winner never announced. But that doesn't really matter, since the fun part was to read about the watch's journey around the globe and see the creativity that went into the photos. You have my blessing if you want to go for it.

20150918194153_2ctwcm3nbva.jpg