Sign in to follow this  
MHT01

Anyone have info on this Gagarin-themed Vostok amphibia? Know where i can buy?

http://www.nhtwatches.com/Watchesgal...ia_Gagarin.jpg

I've seen it in a few different configurations(12/red star, "amphibia"/"first astronaut" text, blue/grey helmet/rocket(though that could just be fading). I'm wondering if there's a name or something i should be searching for on ebay, etc. I've seen it a few times on there but not always in the best condition. Or if anyone knows somewhere this is for sale that'd be awesome. From some of the auctions i've seen it seems like ~$50 would be kidna reasonable?

Here's the watch in the 93 Vostok catalogue (top left):

20150918194228_to1pzhhd1q1.jpg

Just search for Vostok Amphibia and Vostok Amphibian on eBay. Sometimes Amfibia and Amfibian will bring up a few extra results as well. You could add cosmonaut/gagarin/astronaut/space etc but I reckon you'd be quicker just searching for the basics and to make sure you don't miss anything. Trying out "Boctok -Vostok" should give you a few extras too.

Just in case you hadn't realised, there are a few other cosmonaut/Gagarin inspired Vostoks too which, in my opinion anyway, are much nicer:

20150918194230_dalsl1uckjv.jpg

And here's the WUS special edition which was released about a year(?) ago which came in 2 different case types and 3 different dial colours:

20150918194232_ttqha3ruwh0.jpg

yeah i like that cosmonaut one, but i specifically dig the colors/retro vibe of the one i posted. i was thinking about putting it on this strap: Nato Regimental Strap Off white, Red, Black and White

so, i found this one at a good price, and the colors look really good, but my concerns are:

the bezel & hands but i assume these are cheaply replaced with lookalikes?

the lume (and the dial itself) looks a little...grimy maybe? is this fixable for cheap really you think?

20150918194233_4qhmmystroc.jpg

That has parts from more than one watch in it - the hands are incorrect, should be black, not silver. The second hand is not a Komandirskie hand, it's from an Amphibia. Dial has some damage. Looks like an Amphiba crown, so probably also an Amphibia case. Not sure what else without a look at the back & movement.

hm thanks. i really wouldnt mind having to replace the hands with the correct-looking ones, but yeah i just noticed te messed up part on the dial. i'll just keep looking i guess. seems hard to find one where either the red or blue isnt faded and i got excited haha

dang! somehow all my ebay alerts i've set up missed this one! just saw it looking for something else! Juri Gagarin VOSTOK WOSTOK KOMANDIRSKIE Russische Armbanduhr | eBay

it's actually the only one i've seen for sale that has the hands/bezel/text i'm looking for haha. oh well, next time!

Hello! Honestly, I never saw such a watch before. I like Vostok watches a lot, and I have some of them in my collection. I always get them directly from https://vostokamphibia.com Russian online watch store. Watches there are cheap and the delivery is really fast. Maybe, you will find something there. I have to say that I liked this model, and I will look for them too. If I find something, I will post it here ;)