Sign in to follow this  
catcpo

Portugieser Yacht Club -- size/fit/wearability and dial color

Looking at the new model of this . . . IW390503 -- with reduced size of 43.5 mm. Looking for input on whether any of you have bought/tried this and whether this would work on a 7 inch wrist. Also, curious as to dial color preference. Thanks.

Tried this one last week before deciding on 3417...As I expected, I didnt like it. Still feels unnecessary large and thick, while trying to be a dressy watch...If they took it down to 39mm, and slim it by 3-4 mm, it would be a killer watch. At least it seems that IWC finally caught up with the smaller watch trend and started to reduce sometime ridiculously sized pieces, so may be next year they finally come to their senses and get it right. Spoken by the guy who used to wear 47mm Panerai without any difficulty, by the way.

Opinions are like a..holes, everyone has one, so let's leave it there. Say, I like this little piece here, its an iconic "sports" watch but measures 38MM, so there are many, many better options than a dining plate on a wrist fad that I hope is coming to its well deserved end soon enough..

20150923175651_d4aaj3k3tsp.jpg

I happen to like the contradiction of the classic chrono styling matched with a sporty strap. Just not sure of the size. Actually, I don't think the dial is too big, but the lugs are quite long. No doubt the Aquanaut is a nice choice too.

I love the photo of the Aquanaut with the big letters V-I-L-E...something.

I'm sure if I was cool I would probably know that VILE is really the first few letters of some brand of something (swim trunks maybe?) meant to impress with their cost/exclusivity, etc.

Seems no one photographs their fancy watches with discount store swag. Hmmm...idea for an anti-establishment thread. My Patek with my Costco/Kirkland undershirt...

Edit: Nailed it!

20150923175652_anouywvaxby.jpg

I have to laugh. I'm thinking $280USD is pricey for swim shorts. But there's probably a few folks who think $50K USD is a lot for a watch. It's not! Really!

Quite ridiculous that the Port YC has crown protectors while the Aquatimer series doesn't have... (with a few exceptions in the last series) For me too much of contraditions around the Port YC. Would love the 3714 in the same 40-41 mm size with a complete dial of the cal. 69320 chronograph (I mean with hour collectors and day-date). A "cut of function" of the 69320 would be a nice alternative though... (only seconds and minute counter subdials, like that of the 3714).

My two cents only.