Sign in to follow this  
Oscar

IWC Mark XV bracelet/strap alternatives

I have an IWC Mark XV which is currently on a black Nomos strap. It's a 20mm strap on a 19mm lug width, but it fits well enough. I also have the original buffalo. I know the original bracelet for this model isn't easy to come by, especially for a reasonable price, but are there any alternatives? The couple of leather straps I have are good enough, but sometimes I think I'd like to have it on a bracelet. Ideas?

20150923175822_zfuzlcy4h2l.jpg

20150923175824_1yyy25kjcmz.jpg

20150923175827_2vy42ooevvx.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen these on other than original bracelets (an occasional mesh - not sure you'd call that a bracelet), so I'mm afraid I can't suggest alternatives. My advice, though, is to save your pennies and buy an original bracelet. Whatever bracelet you'll fit, you'll always keep longing for the original one. So why waste money in the mean time?

Apologies if this sounds too harsh; I really don't want to. But do want to share my view.

Good luck with the search - Mark XV's are great watches.

20150923175829_frffu3pmyqz.jpg

PS-1 - the bracelet for Timefactor's Speedbird III (Mark XII / XV hommage) looks very much like IWC's bracelet and can be purchased for UKP 80 + shipping. I do not know whether these are a direct fit and if not, what's involved to make them.

PS-2 - are you staying dry / no flooding issues in your house / area?

!!! Your watch is beautiful. I personally prefer the Mark XV on the original strap. I'm sad to say I don't have other strap options for you. I just wanted to compliment you on your glorious watch.