Sign in to follow this  
khan

Singapore [plus a few extra stops]; any places I can get a Pilot bracelet for a good price

Going on a cruise that ends in Singapore later this year. Also stops in Benoa (Bali), Indonesia; Lombok, Indonesia; Phuket, Thailand; Langkawi, Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang).

Always wanted an IWC bracelet for my Pilot 3717. Any chance I can get one new or used for a good price in any of those locations?

20150923175830_t1xaxjlxzpk.jpg

Not in Singapore for sure; other places you've listed wouldn't have any large ADs or grays to begin with. As this is out of production as a model, your best bet is a boutique (there are two in SG), but prices are sky high, I think it is about U$1.5K and you wont get any discount. You will get to claim the VAT (5-6%) back upon departure.

Agree with the post above, the boutiques are the best chance you'll have in Singapore. If you do go down that route, you might want to email them to check on availability. I asked about a leather strap with deployant for my Mark XVII and was told they were out of stock and ordering from the factory would take "quite a while".

My friend is in a similar position, looking for a bracelet for his Mark XVI and they're difficult to find used here. None of the used dealers seem to have them. You could try scouring sales posts from private sellers and arrange to meet them when you're here, they do pop up occasionally.

SG tax claim works like a swiss clock, the whole thing takes 2 mins and very efficient; you will do it at a port of exit and the retailer will give you the instructions on the spot. SG tax is very small, so you will get about 5% back after fees etc. Getting at anywhere, even in a boutique in SG, will be a challenge as they don't stock them for out-of-production models, and getting an accessory in SG is a royal pain in the bum...I once had to wait for over 8 months to get a replacement strap for my JLC reverso, while in Geneva I got it under 5 days. My feeling is that these bracelet, straps etc orders have zero priority as they make very little on them, hence lack of interest in helping you out.