Sign in to follow this  
NJeshid

New owner of a Mark XVII...

About 6 weeks ago I visited a Tourneau store in a very nice mall to peruse the watch selection. A few brands (JLC, IWC, Blancpain)stuck out above the rest, one model being the MK XVII. I immediately loved the convex crystal, and the intense contrast of the white numerals on the black dial. I tried it on and the 41mm case fit my large wrist handsomely. The casework was flawless, especially the finely beveled edges, and, to my surprise, I liked the vertical date alignment. I did try on a Tudor Ranger and Hydronaut but they paled by comparison. The IWC dial just 'glowed' in appearance. So, I took of my Breitling Colt 44 and reached a trade agreement with the salesperson. The MK XVII left on my wrist wear it has remained, running within 2 seconds a day ever since. I love the attention to detail on this watch! Way to go IWC.

Funny, but I had pretty much the same love at first sight experience with a Mark XVI from Tourneau seven years ago. I still wear it almost every day and the love hasn't faded one bit.

I'm sure your XVII will provide the same flawless performance over time as my XVI has given me.

Overall, an IWC Pilot is really tough to beat. Enjoy!