Sign in to follow this  
Hono05

Anyone knows about how the pusher gaskets work on the 3777 pilot?

As the title says, I recently purchased a 377704, and I've been wearing it during showers, no problem at all, but I wonder how the rubber o ring works on the pusher, how it is placed, does it open the seal while the pusher is pushed all the way down, or half way down? I noticed the pushers on the 3777 is pretty easy to press in half way, but it will only register with the movement with a firm press..

I tried to search but only a few posts came up from RWI/RWG, so that doesn't count

20150923180234_4aplmptykl3.gif

Not sure how their gaskets are set up but unless a chronograph watch indicates high water resistance and expressly states pushers can be used underwater, (never use the pushers) even while washing hands just not worth the risk.

This watch is only 6 bar WR so you won't be using it in water saturation anyway, the pushers are well designed from what I have seen and will have at least one oring seal that seals best when the pusher is not in use because a spring is pushing back against the pusher to help the seal. It is easy to look up the nature of the pusher construction on the web. when they say 6 bar it doesn't mean you can use the pushers under water. You shouldn't have any problems if you bump the pushers under normal wearing conditions as there shouldn't be any water present anyway, if you are swimming with it there could be a risk.