Sign in to follow this  
Necloe

Glamour shot - IWC Porsche Design Ocean 2000

Nice picture, so simplistic, yet it still showed the character of a simple, yet beautiful and functional watch.

Again very nice picture of a beautiful subject... Are you wearing the bracket or the Velcro strap? I've left mine in the strap for almost 15 years and about a month ago I put it back on to the bracelet, i forgot how comfortable the bracket actually was. But still prefer the "cheap" strap. Most people don't even notice or know what the watch is. Until you get that one guy that does.

So simply beautiful...

Hi,

I'm wearing it on the bracelet - the watch was designed, after all, as integral unit with the bracelet. As for people not knowing what watch that is - I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact it is deeply satisfying to wear a "secret treasure". I know what I have and I don't need external gratification. I hope the day when I start wearing watches for other people to notice will never come... But while we're at it: I noticed in your signature that you have a Tag Heuer F1 GMT. I'm seriously looking at the Aquaracer GMT - pretty similar to the F1. How do you like the F1 GMT? I'm particularly interested in overall quality, accuracy, lume and wearability.

Thanks

I'm liking it quite well, it's running at -+5 seconds a day, so I don't think it's too bad in that department. It's also very comfortable on the wrist, but I do wish they would have went with a 20mm band instead of the 19mm. But I think that that's covered with the Aquaracer GMT. Other then that the visibility is nice, and it's very legible, all hands even in the dark. With the "lume" it will glow very brightly for about 30 minutes, then you get that fade, but still it remains visible/legible for a very long time. The Aquaracer GMT also caries more lume, and it should be better in that aspect. But the Aquaracer GMT was actually what I was looking for but the watch shop didn't carry that model. They had the F1 and I just went with it. After all I hadn't bought myself a new tag heuer in almost 22 years.

But also as you were saying, that is what I like about my IWC I bought it for myself and it makes ME happy wearing it...

Cool, I think it will be a nice addition. A little less understated, but it should be a nice watch. As for their new quality, I hoping for at least the same as my old ones, save for the automatic over quarts.

Anyway I also noticed that you have the Seiko SNZG13, listed. How is that running for you? A while back almost a year ago I picked up a SNZG15, as fast I can tell they are almost the same watch, other than mine is wearing a nylon strap. Only ask because I could never get that watch to run that well for the life of me, is running over 3 seconds per hour. I've tried regulating it my self, but even at the best. I could only get to about 120 seconds per day. I never really gave up on the watch, and it really wouldn't bother me that badly if it had a hacking movement. Also my watch guy doesn't want to work on it, said that he really didn't think he could get much better.

So that's the only reason I ask,

Also just was wondering what is the ref. # for the pictured "Ocean" quartz or one of the ETA 2892 based models. I've noticed that you IWC guys like the reference numbers, so I've updated my sig.

My Seiko SNZG13 is running about 5 seconds fast per day - it's basically within COSC parameters. That's just amazing for the price. The Ocean is automatic, ref. 3504. The movement is an IWC cal. 37521, a modified ETA 2892-A2.