Sign in to follow this  
TjHGHgds

Bought my first IWC last year

Hello all,

New to this forum and Introducing myself I got the Portugieser 5001-06 last year. Pic below taken with phone does not do justice to its beauty.. I am extremely happy with it. I especially like the fact that this is such a discrete watch that not much people notice, and the 06 version especially seems rare.

Question though. Most importantly the Santoni strap: I am a big Santoni shoes fan and I am eager to buy the Santoni strap. Dealers tell me though that not all models are comptible with Santoni and there are no Santoni straps for the Portugieser. (Portofino is compatible for example).

Can someone clarify ?

Thanks.

I am no expert as i don't have a Portofino 8 days or a 5001 but if you search google for santoni portuguese 5001 in images it will come up with many results showing Santoni straps on 5001's.

The perfect combo in my eyes.

If there exists a Santoni strap with a width of 22mm, it will fit.

Perhaps IWC doesn't sell the 5001 stock with a Santoni but you can certainly purchase it separately.

The Portofino 8 Days has a 22mm lug width so I don't see why that dealer was not able to fit it onto the Portuguese 7 Day

20150923180743_uxntqdx0krf.jpg