Sign in to follow this  
YyffM74

Fine scratch on Portofino Chronograph watch dial...

20150923181227_pbhoswgb5qy.JPG

Hello. I just got my IWC Portofino two weeks ago and I realized there was a fine scratch on the watch dial. Although it is hard to see under direct sun light, it is quite noticeable when I pay attention to the scratch. Should I take it back to the IWC shop and demand it to be fixed? Or is this a scratch too small for them to fix for me? Please tell me what you guys think. (Scratch located at sub-dial at 9 o'clock

Is this kind of factory flaw normal? Is it tolerated by other people in this forum? I mean I understand people make mistakes when assembling the watch but this is IWC we are talking about.

If you're buying brand new, absolutely not; crystal should be flawless, absent from any scratch. Having said this, the scratch is likely to the AR coating and not the glass.

Those scratches to the coating are not rare, depending on how the watch is worn, and they may argue it was OK when it left the store. Worth a try requesting it be replaced.

Yeah... I guess I will be taking this watch back to the shop. Authenticity is not an issue (I hope) since I purchased this watch from IWC official shop in Hyundai Department Store (I currently reside in Seoul, Korea). I double and triple checked if the scratch is on the crystal and, unfortunately, it is not.