Sign in to follow this  
AgentCD

DING in my Portofino

Yep! got a ding on the case of my portofino. have 1 month left on warranty. My question is how much does IWC charge to polish refinish case and does anybody use someone non IWC to service or polish their IWC timepiece?

Located in New York, if you know anybody to recommend.

Thanks

I don't know, but wouldn't sweat it. I have a Worldtimer that is used in a, surprise, cockpit. It gets whacked all the time, and will just accumulate more dings. At some point, I'll send it in for service. The tech will have a heart attack!

Doesn't look too bad to me. Little dings and scratches are inevitable. I'd leave it alone until due for regular service and see what they can do then. I realize this is a dressier piece, but sporty enough that a few marks just give it some character. But if it bugs you that much, you're in the right city to find plenty of people to remove it, or at least soften the ding a bit. Really nice watch.

I have asked my IWC AD in Thailand, and to convert the cost of refine the case.

it cost approx 300-400 USD (this is cost to refinish in Thailand service center not sending back to Swiss)

However, from the picture.

Personally it wouldn't bother me at all, I would even wait for more dings if occurred then decide it agian.

Since the Portofino has such a polished mirror like case every scratch or ding is an eye sore and in your case the ding is on the front as well where you constantly see it. I would definitely get it repolished, but I'm a perfectionist :)

BTW, I have the exact same watch (IW391010) and I personally would get it fixed immediately :)