Sign in to follow this  
JonnyMum

Decision help Pilot or Big Pilot

So I need help with a decision .. As I reach fifty I have decided to by a new watch a special one . I have after much thought decided it has to be an IWC pilot but am torn between the two above. I really like the Big Pilot for it's clean design and 7 day movement but I am concerned at its size on my wrist. I also like the Pilot chrono and am a bit more comfortable with it size plus it's a better price... Confused . Com your thoughts ???

That's a difficult one that only you can decide really. I also think it depends on which other pilot you are considering. The Big Pilot is a true classic and fitting for a milestone in life. If you are happy with the size then personally I think the BP is the one to get.

I was in the same sort of position as you and got myself a 3878 Spitfire as I feel that will stand the test of time for me. I did also buy a 3777 to wear as a 'general' watch and as much as I really like it, for me, it is not as special as the 3878.

At the end of the day only you can make the final decision.