Ballard

Buying a new IWC 3714

Hi guys, Im new to this forum. Basically, I've been doing some reading around and I see that Ace Jewelers happens to be one of the sponsors of the forum, and they do give good deals. But I also read that one of the guys from their company just left his job, so he won't be in charge of doing that anymore...

basically, from what i see, ace jewelers is a good and reliable place to get my first IWC especially due to the discount. Also it so happens that I happen to be studying in the netherlands, at least this semester (im not a eu citizen, so i can get tax rebate when i leave the country) Is it possible to get a good deal for the watch, or who do i go to in this forum..?

Thanks in advance. (Ive done my reading.. so its not a please-help-me-im-too-lazy-to-read-up-on-my-own post.)

cheers! have a great day :)

I bought my 3717 from a grey seller in Germany (no extra tax within EU) and it had an AD stamp on it so is fully covered; there are various people who do this. Try the uk version of ebay for lots of ideas. There is a Dutch pair who do this whose name I don't recall and they are much cheaper than ADs.

if this is your first IWC buying experience, grey market is definitely not recommended. If you must at least do it in person and definitely not order via some online site or ebay sellers. There are used authentic IWCs sold as new in new boxes and with recently dated warranty cards (it is not that hard to find empty warranty cards that are hand filled by grey sellers) or there are replicas, coming very close in details to the real ones. Go to an AD and negotiate at least 15% down. AD list is on the IWC webpage. With time it'll be easier to get comfortable once you get to know the sellers and staff at ADs etc. some ADs will have used IWCs that you can get heavily discounted but finding the exact model will be take some time.

Best wishes for your search

Ray

Well, i do want to see the watch before i buy it so that rules out any online deals. but would it be alright to get a discount from ace, and then get VAT-refund? How much could i possibly get then? anyone in particular i should look for? Might hop down to amsterdam in the next few days..

Ace is listed as an AD so you should be alright. there are many other ADs listed at iwc.con under retailers so call around to see the best deal you can get. There is also an AD in Schipol duty free but I doubt they would be willing to offer a significant discount. The heathrow terminal 3 and 5 duty free AD shop refuses to discount.

best of luck, let us know how you did.

Ray