Sign in to follow this  
quentinp33

Anyone know what IWC watch this bracelet is for?

I can tell you what watch it isn't for - of course, the watch I bought it for - the Mark XVII. :)

It's a 20mm bracelet. I'm thinking it's a Mark XVI bracelet, but I'm not 100% sure. Could it be for a Spitfire UTC? I'm crazy enough to possibly keep it and buy the correct watch. Or I'll sell it. Either way I'd want to try to pick up a few extra links because it's currently too short to fit a human wrist.

If anyone has any ideas, or a way I could find out definitively, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Assuming the bracelet came from a Mark XVI, doubt it would fit the 3717 or 3251. Even if they both have 20mm lugs (pretty sure the 3717 has 21mm lugs), I'm fairly certain the cases are a bit thicker in the chrono and UTC models. So the end links wouldn't fit right. I seem to recall my old Spitfire UTC was about 12.5mm thick. Of course I could be mistaken, but you should check with IWC. Depending on the thickness of the end links, I believe your bracelet will work either on a Mark XVI (classic or spitfire) or the UTC (classic or spitfire), but not both.

Thanks for the additional input dhtjr. Appreciate it. I actually followed up with the seller again, who is fairly certain it came off a Mark XV or XVI, so with the 20mm end pieces it pretty much has to be for the XVI.

In related news, I've been in the market for the right UTC classic - and actually pulled the trigger tonight, and it'll come with a bracelet. So I'll be able to match up the bracelets to get a definitive answer after all. :)