Sign in to follow this  
porpoisevhr

How about a Mark XVII arrival for once!!

I know people are critical about the triple date window and some are bummed at the increased size, but they don't bug me.

20150923182340_z2ygsnn1jjh.gif

When I first saw the pics of the new releases, the new Mark XVII really caught my eye. It just looked so clean and easy to read. It is not busy and just gives you what you need for a daily watch. It kept my excitement inside until I finally saw one a couple of months ago at my local AD, I was hooked. I have seen them on the strap and the bracelet, I loved them both. The new bracelets are just amazing and better than the new Rolex Sub bracelets without a doubt. As amazing as the new bracelets are, I really wanted the strap..........and I could not afford the bracelet.

20150923182340_ueh4zxk5lct.gif

No worries as I can get the bracelet down the road if I wish, but I am very happy with the new OEM straps. I never wear OEM straps, never, but this one is different. The way it tappers like the BP strap, the look and the feel, it is perfect.

The new Mark XVII's just might be some of the most legible watches on the market. You look at the watch and BAM, you know what time it is. The AR coated crystal is stunning, it is like you are looking straight at the dial and hands.

I plan on picking up another aftermarket Kevlar type strap for the hot AZ summer. This way my newest companion can take a dip in the pool without ruining the leather. I had a nice aftermarket Kevlar strap on my old 3717 and I loved it, I am excited to see how it looks on my new Mark.

The only thing I would like to add is that I pretty much love IWC. The fit and finish of every one I have owned is amazing. I love brushed cases and the way IWC does theirs with the occasional polished corners is great.

For those of you that are triple date haters, I hope you change your mind. IMHO, with the larger dial it works on the Mark XVII, and the splash of red is beautiful. I had second thoughts at first as well, but once I saw the new line in person, I liked the triple date immediately.

Well, time for some pics.

P10402532.jpg

P10402522.jpg

P10402452.jpg

20150923182345_5220sf24yqu.jpg

P10402392.jpg

Congratulations on an excellent watch. Very well done. Wear it in good health.

BTW, the new bracelet is fantastic. I have it on my new 3777 (Classic Chronograph). I've posted some photos of the new bracelet in this thread.

nice pilot! looks perfect on your wrist.

i'm visiting the NYC Boutique in a months time. i'm interested in the XVII as i have a pathetic wrist, anything >41mm looks and feels uncomfortable on my wrist

i feel my 3714 is a delicate piece. does the XVII feel "delicate" to wear?

Great watch. I think the strap favours it. With the bracelet (as good as it is) would divert attention from the simple/functional dial (probably best for the chrono). The date did bug me when it was launched (I don´t tend to like "multiple dates") but it has grown on me as it reminds me of cockpit dials (allways good on a Flieger).

Thanks for the kind words every one, it is a fun watch.

As far as feeling delicate, not to me. I am used to wearing mainly divers that are a little thicker and heavier, and the Mark XVII feels like a well built tool on my wrist.

It is not a small watch, it is actualy thicker than my Submariner from bezel to the bottom of the side of the case. The sub just has a protroding case back which makes it sit a bit higher on the wrist and makes it overall just a couple of mm's thicker.