Sign in to follow this  
gogetit

Portuguese chrono pusher REF: 3714

Hi, not sure if anyone has had any experience with their Portuguese chrono ref:3714 pusher fall off before. Mine just recently dropped off and i am in major distress as it was a gift from my wife.

Would like to know if i can get it at any watchmaker or do i have to send it back to schaffausen and what would the cost be?

Also if anyone had any issues with their dial oxidizing and will it be able to be cleaned up like brand new? its dated 2008 approximately 6 years now.

I am based in singapore.

Take it to a competent independent watchmaker for fixing the pusher, most likely it just needs to be reinstalled and secured in the case, an easy job for someone who knows what they are doing. If there is any damage to the spring etc., they may be stuck (as IWC wont give them parts) or improvise (lots of after market options) and get it fixed. For dial restoration - is a different cattle of fish, special skills are required and I dont know if there are folks in Singapore who can do it, very few people can. If it bothers you a lot, then best bet is to send the watch to IWC, and have them fix the pusher and replace the dial (they will not bother with restoration, just swap it for a brand new part). This can take a few months and could run you down by about U$1000-$1500, as they will insist on full service to go with it since your watch is off warranty.

Most likely an independent watchmaker won't have or be able to obtain a pusher.

My advice is to go to http://www.iwc.com/en/retail/ and select Asia as your region and then select Singapore.

You'll find a list of boutiques and authorized dealers that will help you out.

An oxidized dial probably means the watch wasn't encased properly. The cost of a refinish will probably be similar or higher than getting a brand new one through IWC.

Thanks all. I dont really mind sending it back to IWC for a full service.. any idea if after a full service, will they warrant it again? i mean even for 6mths or better still a year is good!