Sign in to follow this  
FeyM�

Need help Identifying this IWC Schaffhausen!

Hello,

So some backstory. I was visiting where my grandpa used to live (where I used to live when I was younger), and I found this watch sitting on his bookshelf. He's in another country right now, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him. I recently was introduced into the world of watches by a friend, and I have had fun researching. I wanted to see if the watch still worked. I noticed that time was stopped, so I winded it up, and shook it a little to hear the spinning. The seconds started to move, which I'm assuming that it's at least an automatic. Here's where I need a little help:

1. Based on the watch detail, could anyone identify the model, and/or if it's a genuine IWC?

2. The "8" fell off (you can still see the back silver of the 8 in there on the side), and I want to take it to a professional for them to fix it as a gift to my grandfather. However, I was also advised by a friend that it could be worth more if left in the original condition (only if it's real, of course). Should I fix it?

3. I would like to replace the strap with a leather one. I just wanted there to be three, so this isn't really a question :)

Any help or comments would be appreciated! Thanks for helping me solve this mystery.

The poor quality of this watch (the quality is bad even in the standard of fake watches) is the first telling sign. The locations of the subdials being too close to the center. The locations of the numerals in the left subdial (supposed to be the PR subdial) are wrong. The right subdial on this fake looks like it's a date indicator - I have not seen a date subdial indicator at that location from IWC. Like what InfinityNexus said, there are just so many wrongs about this fake, but those listed above are the obvious ones.

Search for an image of a real IWC Portuguese 7 day automatic, and you will see.