Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Submariner two tone blue 116613. Too much bling???

I realize in the end it only matters what I think about a watch I have however I would love to get some input from you guys on this. If this has been discussed 1000 times before I apologize in advance. I did do a search and could not find anything.

Do you fellas think this particular watch is over the top with too much bling? I am captivated by the blue face of it and that's the reason I got it however I could deal without the yellow gold. I wish I could afford the white gold so it would not stand out as much. The timepiece is extremely beautiful however it just stands out more than the other pieces I have in my collection. I find myself being a little self-conscious when wearing it in public. I hope the majority you tell me I'm just being stupid and to just enjoy it. Your opinions are very much appreciated . Thanks.

This picture was taken the first day I got the watch. Before I took the wrap off.

20150925175239_tww5afv3pjc.jpg

I personally think this watch looks great. Not too much gold and the dial is very nice. The gold adds a dressy touch to the watch.

My friend has one and for occasions when he wants to be more under the radar, just put it on a rubber or leather or nato strap.

ok.. you're being stupid, just enjoy it :) seriously though, i wouldn't worry.. a lot of people today wear big garish blingy pieces of crap everywhere that come nowhere near the history and craftsmanship of your watch, so wear what you love and congrats.

This is a beautiful regal looking timepiece. It is very eye catching. The blue dial captures a lot of attention and IMO this watch will garner as much attention as a solid gold piece. Only you can decide if you are comfortable wearing it.

I have 5 rollies currently, as listed in my sig, and have said goodbye to other models in the past. My two tone is my nicest piece in my opinion. The weight, the finish, that damn blue..... Dont be shy thats its blingy, its a damn Rolex, one of their few models that yells out, "look at me". It only yells out, it doesnt scream out, theres a big difference. Its a perfect watch, great choice man, looks great.