Sign in to follow this  
cmmaster

Proud New / First Time Rolex Owner

I recently did a huge multi-watch trade and ended up with a two months old, unworn Rolex Submariner (ceramic bezel, no date, ref. 114060).

20150925175237_v1uiidnufj3.gif

20150925175237_h0q0gut2hnd.gif

Many years ago I started my watch collection with one 'Bond' Seamaster and quickly bought a few (relatively) affordable such as Mido, Longines, Oris and Epos. I patiently traded up and down (mostly up, adding cash each time

20150925175238_gpm4x1wsc33.gif

) for fifteen years, getting (and enjoying! That's very important!) many different watches from many brands, and often flipping them after some time (always babying the watches, of course). I ended up with a fairly important collection of about a dozen pieces, which I kept for a few years without trading or selling.

Recently, I decided to downsize in order to keep only a few (I wanted to keep only one, but then decided against it). Pondering for some time what I wanted to sell or not, luck struck and kinda forced me to decide quickly. I had an incredible opportunity to downsize AND get a Submariner, my grail for many years.

So I traded four (4) more or less recent Seamaster and one recent, almost unworn (1) Aquadive for it! Even thought I will miss my dear 2254.50, I don't think I'll regret trading one tiny bit! I'm very happy, and the Submariner has found its place in my permanent collection (next to its sister the Tudor)!

(click on the banner below to see my current collection, and the watches I traded up and down during the years)

20150925175238_oehlxyzhsaj.jpg

20150925175239_abf1eqya53f.jpg

20150925175240_0ustfrquuf5.jpg

Congrats. Hope you love it over time. Earlier this year, I did the same thing........I sold 10 or 12 watches from lesser known brands and used the money to buy a WG Daytona on a strap. I sold a bunch of watches that I wasn't wearing and ended-up with one watch that I wear fairly frequently. I haven't regretted it one bit.

I hope you feel the same way 6 or 8 months from now

20150925175237_v1uiidnufj3.gif

Here is the one that I traded for........

20150925175241_igilzabguu2.jpg

Congrats on the Sub! Definitely a good choice, and I'm sure one that you will not regret.

I've wanted the regular Sub for the longest time ever, but ever since I went with the Sub Date, its been hard for me to pick the 14060/114060. Aesthetically cleaner, yes. But the date is such a convenience for me (and yes, I've tried relying on my phone prior to this!). In any case, mine says hi!

20150925175242_ktcmqwhfoge.jpg