Sign in to follow this  
daytonaking

Rolex Explorer 1 214270 accuracy

Hi everyone. I just purchased my first Rolex (the 39mm Explorer1) pre-owned from an certified service center (13 months of warranty remaining). It was supposedly sized and not really worn prior to my purchase. It's been running around 5 seconds a day fast which I think seems a bit much?

Would you write it off to a break in period or would you take in to get regulated? Any thoughts/insight is appreciated!

+5s/d is a bit much. It's capable of better than that but do give it a couple of months. The RSC regulated my 216570 when it was consistently -2s/d and wouldn't gain in any position at night. They returned it at 0s/d--absolutely right on but it has quietly crept up to +1s/d which nightly placement counteracts. You've got time on the warranty to get it taken care of.

The days I sit in front of a computer screen, editing all day, my Rolex runs about +2sec a day.

Then there are those days, where I kick arz, subways, lifting, speakers, running, cables, shouting, orders...

The Rolex is +15sec or more.

I like those days.