Sign in to follow this  
uksfocus

New 5513

Absolutely drooling over this 1978 Maxi beauty which turned up today, with a fresh Rolex UK service. Very happy with the lume patina, the condition of the hands and the slightly faded bezel (the lume pip looks like it was replaced). Bracelet is in good shape too with very little stretch. These watches are just so beautiful I think I am now a plexi and vintage addict.

My 116610LN and 14060 are feeling jealous!

20150925175424_4xkxewopu1f.jpg

Be careful......the vintage bug will bite and bite HARD. There is just something about the patina, drilled-through lug holes, and plexiglass. It's too bad the vintages have gotten so dang expensive.

Congrats on a real beauty.

20150925175425_3wxxflpccjm.gif

Thanks for the nice comments. So far it appears to be running about +/- 0 secs, which I find extraordinary for a 37-year-old non-COSC watch. My 1992 14060, freshly serviced by Rolex, only manages about +10.

Looks great! Congrats on your old Sub!

Yeah, I'm such a wiseguy but I'm more jealous too.

I wish, and if I'm lucky, I have someday something similar in my wrist.

A watch that has been in my possession for ~40 years; that still looks great or timeless, runs great and brings up lots of memories too.

I think that is something to pursue. (so need to live long life and have functioning brains...might be tough call)

That's ironic. Interestingly enough, my 5513 is one of my best timekeepers as well. IMHO, that really speaks to the quality of a watch made by Rolex. BTW, mine is +/- 1 sec/day and these older movements are much easier to position-regulate them than the newer movements. I can keep mine within 10 secs for weeks at a time.