Sign in to follow this  
wq-ty12

Black Bay Discount Percentage @ Tudor AD

Going to snag a Black Bay (red on bracelet), and while I normally buy used, if I can get a Black Bay from a local AD at a discounted rate then for once I may treat myself to a brand new watch at the cost of a few hundred extra dollars just for the experience and to have one brand new watch in the collection. I've had a local AD offer me 15% off without me even asking for it. Is that a fair amount to discount a Black Bay, or should I try to push for a little more? Have others been able to get one discounted even further than that direct from a local AD? Thanks for any help guys. It's much appreciated.

In Singapore where I stay, I was offered 20% off Retail at a highly reputable AD.

Works out to a neat SGD$3,640 after discounts are factored in.

Prices of Swiss Watches are very favourable in Singapore and Hong Kong apparently.

I had to pretty much beg for my 15% and pay cash. I think they gave it to me to get rid of me, I bet I went in at least a dozen times when I was considering my pelagos. They told me Tudor/Rolex doesn't allow discounts but I called BS on that.

The real question is how close you can get to reputable grey-market prices. The watch is available fairly casually for $2650 (on strap), so the question is how close an AD can get to that. 15% is right about at that point, so I'd consider that an excellent discount.

*edit* Although, of course, depending where you are, not paying tax on the grey market can be as much as another 10% discount.