Sign in to follow this  
Yvonne

Rolex Vs Panerai

+1.

It's like you read my mind. I was about to type the same thing word for word.

OP: There often comes a time when one is curious about why so many go nuts over Panerai. I was curious too and did see the appeal. In the end my wrist could not handle the Pam I had and off it went to a new owner. My next Panerai will probably be a 42mm or a Radiomir. What gives Panerai its appeal to me was that it was unique and the quick ability to switch straps. I was up to a dozen straps at one point.

Coincidentally, I sold the Pam for a SubC. :)

Are you a frequent flipper, or looking for that 'one to keep'? Everyone says not to the swap, but I think you should go for it. If nothing else, at least to have a feel on how you'd like the Panerai long-term, or the design. Personally, I think the Panerai is way too big and a totally different style of watch compared to the Rolex

I think you should honestly do what pleases you. What makes you feel like its a good deal. Wether or not any of us think its a good or bad deal you would be the one ultimately to live with the choice.

Ok its not that dramatic.

But IMO no.

I love my PAM 111but wouldn't trade my 216570 for it. However I wouldn't give up the PAM 111 when recently buying this either. They are very different and I do like them both for very different reasons. My wrist can handle the 44 size but nothing more. That would be the limit...