Sign in to follow this  
gogetit

New Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300

Hi everyone, crispy12120 here.

I came into possession of this lovely 39mm Oyster Perpetual ref 114300 quite recently and I thought I'd share. The 114300 is in my opinion a very good modern interpretation of the first Rolex Oysters. The quality and workmanship on the watch is incredible and impressive. This particular one has the rhodium dial with blue accents as you can see. The 114300 shares the same 3132 movement as the Explorer. I especially like how the dial is simple without the days or dates which (in my opinion) highlights the elegance of the watch whilst being unassuming. I only have this one photo at the moment so more photos to come later.

Here we are:

20150925180130_m3rbbwqufdh.jpg

Cheers!

Congrats! I just picked up a Red Grape 114300 over the weekend. I agree with everything you said: a very simple, understated, and impressively built watch.

I plan to write up a review this weekend and take more pictures. I've always been a fan of the Explorer but never warmed up to the dimensions on the 39 version. I really like how the hands extend all the way to the appropriate track and are perfectly sized for the dial.

Mine says hello!

20150925180153_cishoxi22f3.jpg

Congratulations to you too as well! The red grape looks beautiful. I agree with your opinions on the hands as well. Looking forward to hearing your review.

Cheers!

Here we go:

20150925180155_ov4y1bneism.jpg

20150925180155_1u0ln5n3gbv.jpg

20150925180157_b0tmxldcanq.jpg

Apologies to thehighwayjazz, I forgot to take a picture at night.

I tried on this watch at a Rolex AD event, where Rolex had brought pretty much every model to try / display.

This is the model for me that stood out and I couldn't resist. I am now impatiently waiting for my order to arrive.

Rolex is a strange brand and as stated in a popular & interesting article that was once posted on Watchuseek there is defenitely stages in dislike / appreciation of Rolex watches. Ussually starting with contempt for the brand and then real appreciation of their quality and tradition (although unfortunately I do have to say there are still some grotesque models /special editions available).

As for this model if you slightly like it in a photo in real life you will love it, the dial is far more interesting / deeper than appears on any photo I have seen. It's a great mix, both modern and traditional and very versatile. (and also for me a very decent price, only £150 more than a 36mm oyster and £550 less than an Explorer).

ive also seen people say that the coloured squares on the dial are awful / sacralige etc. I presume people that say this have only seen a photo, they add a bit of character to the dial but certainly are discreet and not over bearing