Sign in to follow this  
Efighter

Tudor BB strap options, pics

Apologies if this is duplicated somewhere else. Using the search function didn't bring much up. I'm looking for strap ideas for the BB no matter how wild they may be. I don't know whether to go with a brown/tan or try something a little different with grey or something. My reason for buying the BB in the first place was the splash of colour so if anyone has picture or advice/info, that would be great. I think the long lugs might be a problem but one of the hirsch range has adjustable spring bar holes so that's an option. Any pointers would be appreciated.

This is how a "Help 4 Heroes" (the UK former/retired servicemen's charity) strap might look on the Red Black Bay (it's on a Tiger that has a similar colour scheme). It would suit the dark Blue Black Bay as well:

20150925180524_bckr4sr0d0f.jpg

It's a good splash of colour!

Two ideas:

Steinhart Marine Officer brown leather strap.

Watch Obsession brown Perlon strap using original NATO buckle that comes with your Black Bay.

Question for Tudor BB owners with the OEM nato strap.

Post 12

I didn't even know steinhart did straps. Some of them look very good for the money. Is the nato buckle easy to put on to the perlon? Quite like the look of the perlon. Somewhere I've seen a sand coloured strap on a red BB which looked really good too. Thanks for the info

My BB Blue is my designated 'strap whore'.

20150925180525_1esfprsddxc.jpg

I just bought the perlon today. Here are some pics:

20150925180526_jd441ltyylt.jpg

20150925180527_nydgiw1ezy0.jpg

20150925180527_41h4fimajnu.jpg

20150925180528_bz5cjpqjfp5.jpg

20150925180529_lkezafmnwae.jpg

1,2,3 from WatchGecko.com

4 is a 'timex driftwood' from popov leather on Etsy

5 is a navy perlon from watchobsession.co.uk

The blue BB seems to take any strap and look good. I'm going to start out with a strap for the red and I think the first one in your pics would look good. I'll take a look at the site. Thanks for posting

I love the watch, but there's something not quite right with the 3/4 view from the 6 o'clock side with straps (in my opinion). That viewing angle tends to exaggerate the case thickness (thin bezel doesn't help) and/or show an unsightly gap between the strap and case (spring bar placement or long lugs). Err on the side of thicker straps, with tapered widths if possible?

Sorry I don't have a pic yet, but I've got a blue Isofrane that I eventually want to try on mine. I've read that since the Isofrane strap doesn't taper in width, it looks too wide for the watch, but I'll eventually get around to trying it. Watch looks great on the bracelet!

thats my concern. Those lugs are pretty big and I'm not a fan of the gap between the case and strap on any watch so this is going to test me. I've ordered a fairly cheap one as a test. Shame there aren't more curved lug straps around. Be interested to see the BB with an isofrane.

Not mine, but The New Isofrane post #321, credit to member THG:

20150925180537_1d2opyckru2.jpg

I don't instantly love it. The lugs & case on the BB are so thick/tall, and the non-tapering Isofrane is too wide everywhere except the lugs. Cheap trial and error isn't a bad idea.

On paper, I think a 2-piece strap that tapers in width and has the right thickness at the springbars would be best. Maybe a custom jobby from Gunny straps, etc. Start with forum sponsors

20150925180537_cakdugq3let.gif

Share pics!