Sign in to follow this  
uksfocus

21st Watch

Hi,

I've just found this forum!

My 21st is coming up and my parents agreed that a watch would be a perfect gift for me to keep for a very long time and hopefully pass on.

I'm incredibly lucky to have a budget of around £4000 which i can add to myself within reason.

I'm currently in my last year of University and will move into work next year in London.

The 3 Watches on my shortlist are:

Rolex DateJust 116234

Rolex Explorer I 214270

Rolex Explorer II 216570

Just to make clear, based the prices on the one's i have found on Iconic Watches which i hear is a reputable site.

Which one do you think would be the best choice? If you have any other suggestions in my budget or another retailer please comment

20150925180834_kghvuxguxud.gif

Congrats on your upcoming birthday and eventual graduation! You have very generous parents.

Of the three you've narrowed down I'd choose Rolex Explorer II 216570. You definitely should try one on in person to see how it fits on your wrist. It is a pretty big watch and I enjoyed my time with it.

Here is the polar version, but the black looks pretty awesome too.

20150925180835_qjkvoenpce3.jpg

20150925180835_ocpz4khwfmj.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys!

Didn't realise how beautiful the Explorer II was until i saw it in the windows! Only concern is if it will be too big for my wrists, but i guess i will only know when i try on.

Anyone have other suggestions? Within my budget, seems these are the main three.

Tough to beat the ExpII. I wouldn't worry too much about the size. At 42mm, it's still smaller than a lot of other beasts out there. You might want to look at a pre-owned SubC, but it costs a little more. I'd be more than happy with the ExpII. Happy 21st. I'd give up all my watches to be 21 again;)

as the others have mentioned the explorer 2 is a superb choice, and i too would like to acquire the right one someday, but do not buy anything until it has sat on your wrist, and please take a look at ian fleming's watch, the explorer 1. here it is in its modern incarnation.. good luck with your purchase and congrats :)

20150925180838_rcovb5st3gr.jpg