Sign in to follow this  
Rucyil

Part 2: I need your expertise for authenticity of this Tudor Black bay, Thanks!

Hi dear watch lovers,

After first attempt of buying Tudor black bay and ended up with bad experience but luckily got my money back thru. Paypal, I tried again and this time I received the watch just an hour ago.

I read very horror stories about fake Tudor and is kind of hard for someone who hadn't this watch before, also if you are not able to compare it side by side the authentic and fake one is pretty hard to know the watch is authentic. I need your help and expertise to make sure that not ended up with fake watch and if you do recommended that I take it to AD for authenticated the watch I don't mind to do it as well.

Here, I will attached few pics of the watch and I hope they are good enough. I do really appreciate your time for helping me to have peace of mind about this beauty, thanks again!

I've got 2 BBs and know them fairly well and this to me looks fine. There is s specific serial number that the fakers use, can't find it to had but if you're really worried I will see if I can find it. The bezel locks slightly at 12 which the fakers don't do or they can't get it to lock dead on 12. Also the writing on the dial should be slightly raised as opposed to just printed. The engraving on the crown is another thing the fakers can't quite get right and yours seems fine. Enjoy that watch. I got mine on a bracelet but I'm liking the look of the red BB with a leather strap.

The fact you got the box and papers is a good sign. It looks ok to me, but as others have said you need to take it to an AD or someone who can confirm it.

The ETA movement Tudor use is decorated, so its unlikely that a fake will go to the trouble of decorating the movement. It will be easy to confirm.

Make sure you get it pressure tested after it is opened up.

Since it's brand new with full kit, I think it's likely that this time he bought it from a credible grey-market dealer and just wants to be double-super sure it's fine.

I myself am this close to buying one from Jomashop...

Hi,

The 1st seller was private provided me with pics of authentic watch and serial number and etc. I even google search for pics and I couldn't find similar one and he F.. me up, the 2nd one has store but from another country and it was mentioned on site who he is trusted thru. Chrono 24 and I have no idea have they are reliable, anyway I believe I didn't burned out this time although for sure I will take it to AD to authenticate the watch.

You are kind of right, although is not gray market therefore is coming with Tudor 2 year international warranty. What I know gray market has their own warranty where you purchase the watch.