Sign in to follow this  
watcheva

Assistance with a 14060(M) submariner please.

Hi guys, hope you're all well.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for some 14060 and M info?

I'm looking at several watches in the UK, but some are 4 liners, some 2, some are tritium, some say SWISS MADE.

I'm trying to do a timeline, so I can ensure (as best as possible), that they're all genuine.

Thanks and regards,

Tony

Ok, so I am doing this from memory......so please forgive me if my dates/times are a little off, but this is it in a nutshell.

14060 was introduced somewhere around 1989-1991. L-serial to X-serial. These were all 2-liners and tritium dials.

These continued until around year 2000 (give or take a year or so). The movement was modified slightly and it became the 14060M. This was also about the time that Rolex started using luminova instead of tritium on the dials/hands for illumination. This is evident by either "Swiss" or "Swiss Made" on the bottom of the dial. At this point, they were still "2 liners". I believe the A-serials were the first of these. This continued until late Z-serial, M-serials, and V-serials. That is when Rolex changed the dial to the "4-liner" and these became COSC certified. They also got an engraved rehaut at this point (ROLEXROLEXROLEX). This is how they were manufactured until the 14060M was discontinued.

All 14060/14060M watches have drilled through lugs. All have White gold surrounds on the dials for the hour markers. The only caveat is if a 14060 was sent for service and the dial was replaced with a luminova dial/hands. In this case you could have........let's say an X-serial with "Swiss" or "Swiss Made" on the bottom of the dial.

I hope this helps a little. BTW, use the website below to understand serial numbers and approximate years of production.

Rolex & Tudor Serial Numbers Lists by Date of Manufacture... QualityTyme.net

The 14060 features the 3000 caliber whereas the M had the 3130. Some of the later M models had COSC certification and the corresponding text on the dial.

All had the 93150 bracelet without SEL and the stamped diver's extension. Like all Rolex watches there was a switch from tritium to luminova.