Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Rolex Explorer 2 vs. Rolex Submariner

Hello!

I am currently looking at purchasing my first real luxury watch and have fallen in love with 2 watches!! I have gone back and forth on buying a pre-owned Explorer 2 or a Submariner and can't decide! Was curious as to what you guys believe is the better watch? Which would you personally buy and why? It's a big decision that I want to get right! Both watches are amazing and I love different things about each, such as the explorer's white face/GMT function, and the submariner's classic look and reputation as the perfect watch for all situations.

I appreciate the feedback!

I find myself in the same boat as you. Just returned from a local Rolex dealer and am still struggling to decide between the Explorer II Polar 216570 and no date Sub 114060. I've also been considering the Hulk, but shop did not have one in stock. This would be my first Rolex purchase and want to get it right as I've flipped many other watches over the years. Both look stunning in person and feel great on wrist. I may be leaning a bit more toward the Exp II.

I felt the same way between the Explorer II and Sub no date. I really wanted a polar Explorer, but felt like it wouldn't get much wrist time with the white face as a Sub would. So, I got a no date Sub, 14060, and rationalized that I'd get the polar later.