Sign in to follow this  
Yvonne

2015 Pelagos availability in the US

Has anyone seen the new pelagos at any ADs in the US yet? I've seen a few pics of the new blue one from a few users, but I think they have all been outside the US.

Any idea when they'll be arriving stateside?

I went into an AD in Portland, OR this past Thursday and the guy told me that they have had a couple of blue ones come in, but they never made it to the sales floor, because they were already snatched up.

I got a call from a local AD in Houston yesterday. They had a north face and a Pelagos blue both in stock. The Northface was sold yesterday, so I wasn't able to see it in person. I took the Pelagos blue home.

So I went back to my AD who had a blue one in stock, as others have said its much better looking in person, a deeper darker blue than the pics show. Compared side by side with the old black one, the blue new version sits noticeably higher on the wrist given the thicker case back.

They didn't have any of the new black ones in stock, but he said he thinks they'll send him a new black one when he sells one of his 2 old black ones, he mentioned Tudor knows his inventory counts.

I'm quite a bit torn between all 3 watches now, I've always liked the original appreciate the cleaner dial, I appreciate the new movement, but now seeing it in person, I realize the blue is a serious contender as well...

Here are some crappy phone pics:

20150925181212_hgenhiabg52.jpg

20150925181218_5bcdplzqi2s.jpg

20150925181223_q0dbe3zxpdb.jpg

20150925181228_rf1ysx4kpkt.jpg

If it were me I'd get a new black but I haven't seen the blue in person. I can tell you that the new movement is an awesome movement and worthy the extra cost. The one in my NF has very little positional variance and runs at under a second per day error. It's a perfect match to the Pelagos.

I was at my AD yesterday and they had four new Pelagos in stock, 2 blue and 2 black. they had both the new blues on display, but they still had a 1st gen black in there too. Since most people probably wouldn't know the difference, I suspect they will keep the first gen on display until it's sold before breaking out the 2nd gen black unless someone specifically asks for it. I brought home one of the blue ones.

20150925181232_4toawb5ef5f.jpg