Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Daytona Help

Hello all,

I am asking you all to weigh in on my next Rolex purchase. I have narrowed my choice to a Daytona...from there I am struggling with what variant is best for me.

The question is: stainless steel with a black face OR two-toned with a blue face. (Pictures attached)

I wear mostly sport watches and my go to daily watch is a Explorer II. I have always wanted a Daytona and I know that the more desirable and classic watch is the SS but I am worried that it will be come "redundant" in my watch collection being that a lot of what I wear already is SS with a black face. As soon as I saw the two-tone with blue face my mouth dropped thinking it was pretty but I am questioning the two-toned because I consider myself a purist and I am not sure what stigma is attached to a two-tone Daytona.

Any thoughts are appreciated,

20150925181546_br15lghpceg.jpg

20150925181550_lmwzddelscf.jpg

The more plain the better for me. With almost any model from any brand it's the least expensive one's that have the most appeal. My personal choice would be the steel/white dial Daytona.

Not crazy about tt, especially on the Daytona. Unlike a tt Sub or GMT, the gold Daytona bezel is a bit too overpowering for me. That blue dial though is gorgeous. If you have several black dialed ss sport watches, I'd strongly suggest a white dial ss Daytona. I had a black dial Daytona, but traded it for a white. A little variety and MUCH easier to read for me. Either way, if you like the tt, then go for it!

I am a HUGE fan of the Daytona, and I wish I could love the TT models. It is a bang for your buck kinda watch. However, the TT Daytona is less money on the pre-owned market for a reason. Many people just don't care for it.

It does have the same movement, and is a great watch for the price on the pre-owned market.......IF you like TT watches.

While I love the Arabic numerals on the Daytona, I agree with Seaswirl that the two tone look doesn't work well (for me) on the Daytona. I would go stainless. That way, you also have the advantage of being able to more easily flip it, if it turns out to not work for you.

Side note, my first Rolex was a white faced Explorer II and my second is a black dialed Daytona. They make a great combination!