Sign in to follow this  
matte18

Which is the better daily wearer?

Hi all,

As the title says, your opinions please.

I've thinned out my collection and now I'm torn between 2 watches as which to wear on a daily basis, and which to save as more of a weekend watch.

I love the retro looks of the Tudor, but also the classic look of the Sub.

I know there's a big price difference between the 2, and that causes a catch 22 situation within itself. I feel that because the sub cost more, I shouldn't have paid all that money for it to be stuck in the safe and kept *for special occasions* and I should be getting the wear out of it, as these are well known to be bullet proof daily wear watches for the past several decades.

the Tudor, I feel is just as well built as the sub, and dare I say it, might be slightly better looking, and a bit more reserved (compared to green!)

whats all your thoughts?

For your question, I would wear the Tudor daily, only so that I could look forward to wearing the sub on weekends. But in reality I would likely wear both daily depending on mood and clothing.

I'm with @Vlance. Do you really need to choose one or the other for daily wear? Why not wear whichever you want, whenever you want. That might be Tudor one day, week or month, then the Sub the next.

Outside of true investment pieces (which I don't really believe in buying, personally), you should wear the watches you buy rather than 'saving' them for special occasions. No time like the present to enjoy the good things in life.