Sign in to follow this  
Anderson

BLNR or GMT MasterII Two Tone?

I'm in love with the GMTII Line never owned one, planning to do so. Which one of those two (BLNR or GMT MasterII two tone) would be the most suitable for daily wear and looks better? And of course would be durable to be a lifetime watch?

I think either is a suitable daily wear and durable. It comes down to personal preference. If you think you may add another Rolex one day I would save the gold or TT for a DJ or DJ2 but again it is all about what YOU like the best.

Usually not a two tone fan, but the GMT two tone is the best looking one I've ever seen. I've noticed that their prices have been coming down on the used market, usually below that of a BLNR (which is the latest rage). Both watches are equally tough and attractive so personal taste is key. I've never owned a two-tone but I'd consider one now.

Depends on how old you are cigarsq8. If you're under 40, the BLNR. If you're between 40 and 50 it depends on how you want to be perceived. If you're over 50, the two-tone is fine. Why do I say what I say?

Yellow gold just comes across as being quite ostentatious and the bright yellow lustrous material tends to be associated with older gents. Make that "older successful gents". I know some folks say other people don't notice their watches, let alone the exact brand and make they are wearing, but where a gold watch and people will notice if nothing other than the fact it is not stainless steel. Granted the two-tone GMT II has SS elements on the bracelet and case, but those gold PCL are impossible to miss. The black and gold contrast of the dial and bezel are eye-catching too. The BLNR by comparison is 'understated' - that's if you can call the BLNR understated.

If you're between 40 and 50 and you wear the two-tone, you're telling the world you have made it, you are financially successful and it doesn't matter if you lose your job.