Sign in to follow this  
Brandy-L

Thought about GMT MASTER II 116710LN

Yes. The same blue lume. To be honest, both are nice. The BLNR does have a chameleon effect for its blue black bezel under different lighting. Its ultimately what you want.

Honestly both are excellent.

They have BOTH blue and green lume as Rolex kind of uses up old stock as they transition models. Mine is green. BLNR is a great style for sure and each has their own proponents. The blue on the BLNR is striking and definitely adds a splash of color. I chose the LN because it doesn't have any color, can go with a suit (bathing or tie) and has a complication. I am just afraid I'll grow tired of the blue in 10 years and find it a bit trendy. I don't scuba dive but do take mine snorkeling. So, it's a sub with an extra complication that IMHO makes the dial more interesting and the PCL's which add a bit of bling.

I think it depends a bit on what one owns or plans to own. If the watch is to be wore casually or semi casually, the multi colored bezel might be my preference. If one plans to attempt to wear the watch formally or semi-formally the black bezel makes this more passable...