Sign in to follow this  
WAshOn

I can finally buy a Rolex. PLEASE Help me choose the right one :)

My economical situation is much better now. I saved up $15,000 for my watch fund. I plan to buy a Rolex watch that costs $10,000 or less.

I need a watch that works well with my suits for corporate business style. I will also need the watch to match when I am just out and about grocery shopping with casual clothing.

I mainly wear RL Purple Label Polo Shirts, Fitted Jeans and my Alden chukka shoes

I love so many of them. My top choices are Datejust 2 SS, GMT Master 2 SS in black and blue dial. Please also recommend others. I like many of them...its so hard to choose!

I don't know how to post pictures but here is one I really like: Rolex Datejust II 116334

I want it to be something special. I will give this watch to my son... I don't even have a girlfriend yet but it will be my future sons watch after I take care of it and pass it on.

I'd go with the Datejust 2. Either the black with indices or the silver dial with the blue numbers. Only because it seems the date is an important feature to you, and I can understand...

20150925181757_4whjspltfos.jpg

20150925181801_hgclbematk1.jpg

But if you want something special, that has a Rolex history and it's only "special" movement, I'd go with a 214270.

Rolex Explorer

20150925181803_3jsai1idqly.jpg

I have it's older, smaller brother, the 114270.

(borrowed picture)

20150925181803_vuzv114ysul.jpg

It varies for the different models (e.g., fluted bezel is generally more expensive than the round bezels). Ballparking, I think you're looking at $5500-7500 for used DJ2s and around $8k new for the fluted model you're looking at.

I really like the black face with fluted bezel. I also like the dark blue face

20150925181806_rkmhv523tn3.jpg

Which looks nicer... black or dark blue? I also don't want anyone to think my Rolex will be fake. I would feel terrible after working so hard to buy nice things. Which datejust would be the top choice that would look least like a fake? I would get angry inside if someone said my watch was fake when I pay around $8K for it...

There will always be people who will think real Rolexes are fakes, regardless of what model you get. If they're ignorant, they're ignorant. I wouldn't base your decision on that whatsoever--Buy what you like.