Sign in to follow this  
Unidy

Tudor Pelagos Accuracy

Hi all,

First time posting in the Rolex & Tudor Forum (Excited!) Due to me now owning a brand new Pelagos!

Im just wondering about its accuracy and also its "settling in period"

I purchased the watch less then 24 hours ago and have worn it since my credit card got swiped at the AD's.

From 1pm - 10.30pm it was +5sec. I reset the time at about 12:30am and woke up today after a nice lie in at 10:30am and it was +3sec.

Obviously I know it is well within parameters set by Tudor, its just that on my previous Breitling Avenger Seawolf using the same 2824-2 movement (obviously without the Tudor mods but instead using Breitling mods (if any) was +/- 1sec a day (In its worse week ever it gained 5 seconds).

Im hoping (with a prayer or 2) that it gets better as the week goes on as if its gaining +14 in 24 hours thats nearly 7 minutes a month and I kinda hoped (ETA or Not) that the movement being supplied via Tudor/Rolex would be a bit better then that (Infact if this is the case, it would be the least accurate auto I've had)

So I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience. It also pains me when all the reading I've done is about people mentioning how accurate it is.....When mines not!

20150925182030_br2ohigflrr.gif

Also on the above point, I've also read a few cases where the accuracy has been out by about +15 sec a day and its had to go to Rolex or Tudor (whichever AD you live nearer) To get regulated......Surely i shouldn't be having this with a new watch from such a *Prestigious* Brand ?! Has there been some QC issues?

Thoughts please

20150925182030_sblmujybzvc.gif

Liam

Personally do not believe in a break in period for watches, if a watch runs out of whack out of the box, it isn't going to improve much over time.

Tudor does not send their ETA movements for chronometre certification, as such there is no guarantee of accuracy. I do believe that it is at least a top grade 2824 ticking in the Pelagos, so anything more than +10s per day is not good.

My black bay before I sold it was almost spot on out of the box. Lucky I guess.

I would send it in for regulation by RSC?

Having played in the pre-owned market for years, it's been a long time since I've had a NIB watch from an AD, but I can speak from experience having had my Tudor's serviced.

I used to be a non believer in a 'break in' period, but I've noticed from a year ago that my Tudor with the ETA 2824 did indeed change from being a couple of seconds too slow per day to +3-4 after a couple of weeks of wearing. My own experience is further impacted by the fact I have 4 watches worn in rotation and the non worn watches live on a winder, where the timing tends to go a bit fast.

I would say to be patient...give the watch a full wind a couple of times a week if this is the only one on your wrist, keep track via one of the on line timekeeping sites and see where it goes after a couple of weeks. You're looking for consistency, so if the watch continues to run faster than you'd like, but consistently at the same pace, then you've got a watch that just needs a slight tweak, which under warranty should be nothing more than a time inconvenience.

I am considering a Tudor Pelagos, personally. I am unfortunately unable to see and try one on because neither of our Authorised Dealers has one in stock, due to the popularity of this watch. I am able to secure one from a different State but I do not like spending so much money without viewing and trying a watch on.

After visiting the AD and a few phone calls/arguments with Tudor it was eventually exchanged today.

Now another problem......

The bezel doesn't "stick" when twisted and it hits 12 so can be reset blind.

I don't know whether to just live with it or send it on its way back to Tudor!?

There is hardly any noticable stick. when turning it with my eyes closed i get it right on the reset "stick" about 4/10 times. On the previous one it was a lot more forcible and I could do it 10/10 times. (Does that make sense)

It doesn't effect the bezel in anyway, it's still fantastic and smooth etc, it's just an annoyance more then anything else

20150925182030_muxzjcqz4xy.gif