Sign in to follow this  
orageeg

Being a father, what Rolex/Tudor to pass to a daughter?

Hello there.

Let me try to explain the situation.

I have both a son and a daughter.

I want to pass them a nice watch.

For the son, I have my mind clear: a Tudor or Rolex submariner (actually hunting for one of these).

The question is, what watch can I buy to use it myself AND pass it to my daughter in the future? I would like something with a similar value.

For example, I've seen someTudor 'mini-submariners', but I think it wouldn't be fair to pass to my son the 'real' one and to my daughter the 'mini flavour'...

Because of that, I thought on an unisex dressy watch... can you advice me, please?

Thank you in advance.

My better half wears her dads old pepsi gmt which looks pretty cool. Personally i think a DJ2 with a white dial would be great and a good contrast for your sons sub. It is a watch you could also enjoy until it changes hands

Oyster Perpetual or Datejust; both are right in that sweet spot that makes them well suited to any wrist. The OP is arguably the distillation of what Rolex is all about, with a pedigree going back beyond anything else in the Oyster line.

Definitely not the DJII as suggested above.

If your daughter is attractive you would leave here a white dial Daytona. That is what all the female models and actresses wear. If not attractive, agreed, you could leave her one of the stodgier models.

20150925181834_pndhh2y5g5h.jpg

The DJII, like the 39mm Explorer, doesn't seem quite fully realized. It was like Rolex saw the big watch trend and tried to jump on it without making sure the design worked as well. Aside from that, I think it would wear awkwardly on a woman's wrist (yes, even compared to something like a 14060 or 16710 which would look great in a sporty kind of way), being neither here nor there.