Sign in to follow this  
watchjanek

Advise needed going to Mayors AD to buy a new Sub 114060

So , I sold my M seadweller because I want a ceramic no date sub . I have always bought preowned because of the discount . My local AD is Mayors Jewelers . Ok , so I am going to put down 4k and they are financing my purchase for 30 months at 0 percent . They also extend the warranty another 5 years .

My salesperson said that if I bring it back in 4 years and say it's running a little slow it will go to Rolex and get a free overhaul , she says I should be able to do this twice .

The downside to this purchase is they want full price , $7500 .

Any advise on perhaps negotiating them down a little . Also , do you think the service thing is legit .

Mayors is a high end Jeweler down here in Florida .

Thanks in advance .

What the salesperson says is useless.

What I think is also useless.

Only what you get in writing matters.

Offer them what you want to pay, not what they want you to pay. Get all service agrements in writing. They don't want the watch; that's why they're selling it.

If they can't offer a service agreement in writing, there is no agreement. The sales person's use of the term "should" ought to have set you running out the door. "Should" is useless. Only "will" matters.

If they can't meet your price, walk.

I like the way you think.

And I agree, I would negotiate the price. If not, are there no other Rolex dealers in Florida? In my own personal experience, a smaller AD is more likely to offer a discount than the larger jewelry chains.

I am supposed to go there tonight . I am kind of second guessing myself . I have bought more than one used and have gotten some really nice watches . I have seen brand new 11460's for as low as $6k at Jomashop but they only give a two year warranty and for some reason , no card .

I have seen nice preowned ones that are less than a year old for between 6k and 6.5k from reputable sellers on ebay .

I am looking at $7900 with tax and to me that's alot for a new no date sub even with the free services

Also , I should have worded my post properly when I said that they should service the watch . The sales lady said that all I have to do is bring it in at around 4 years and say it's running a little slow and it WILL be sent back to rolex for inspection . She said that when they inspect the watch they service it (clean , oil , adjust ) .

Rolex warranty is now 5 years so not sure what the salesperson is selling you on???

"The sales lady said that all I have to do is bring it in at around 4 years and say it's running a little slow and it WILL be sent back to rolex for inspection . She said that when they inspect the watch they service it (clean , oil , adjust )"

In my experience you may be able to get $200-300 dollars off and / or some swag, but that's about it on a Rolex sub at a U.S. AD. See if you can get them to eat the sales tax. After all you can always order the watch from an out of state AD to avoid the sales tax and they know it. Most will ship 2nd day for free. I used that to get my Sub ND for I think $7200. That was back in 2012 though and perhaps the market was slower.

Jomashop isn't an authorized dealer, so you get their warranty and not Rolex's. Basically, you get no warranty (and certainly no Rolex warranty card).

Find out, in writing, what the Mayors extended warranty is good for. That'll be a store warranty, not a Rolex warranty, so you need to know whether it's worth it. It's not likely you'll need the Rolex warranty within the first five years, but there's a chance you'll use the Mayors warranty in the second five.

Beyond that, you're paying full price because you're getting financing. If you want a discount, you'll probably need to pay up-front. That interest-free loan they're giving you is basically your discount. If you're willing to pay up-front (especially cash) that opens a ton of discounted options from reputable online sellers whose out-of-state shipping won't have tax added to it.

The sales person is full of crap. I have sent in my Explorer 2 (still under rolex warranty) to the RSC here as it was running a little slower than I would like (still within COSC spec but border line). RSC opened it up and regulated it, took a couple of hours...NO cleaning or servicing or over haul of any kind took place. From my experience with Rolex and other brands. They do not perform a full service as part of any regulation or repair while the watch is under warranty. Once it is out of warranty, they will insist on the watch needing a full overhaul before any repair work will be done.