Sign in to follow this  
Debbie

Small-Wristed GMT II 116710 Owners Step Forward

I am mulling whether or not to go ceramic for my next acquisition. But my wrist, at approximately 6.5 inches, is pretty petite. I am worried it might be overwhelmed by the wider lugs and squarer shape of the case. The closest AD is 2.5 hours away, and I'm not sure I'll have time to get down to Helsinki before I pull the trigger. Any wrist-shots to give me a sense of how it might look would be appreciated.

For reference, this is how my Datejust 116200 wears:

20150925182219_b5iadqh1wu3.jpg

Don´t have any picks but my wrist is about 6.5 -7 inch and I have tried new ceramic GMT master II few times when I visited my AD. It seems smaller than I thought and it sits really nice and flat, not too big at all. My Seamaster GMT which is 41mm seems much bigger.

Here is a pick from The Rolex forum. OP said he´s wrist is 6.5 inch. And remember, when you take pictures, watch always seems bigger in the pictures than in real.

20150925182222_dhptfyiwzc0.jpg

Why the rush? Because sizing and perceived 'right size' is an entirely personal decision based on how your wrist is structured, the length of the lugs and your own personal preferences, the only real way to know if a watch is right for you is to try it on.

Do you really have the financial resources to buy and then try? What if you don't like the look? Do you turn around and flip it, maybe for less Krona than you paid for it? There will always be GMTII's in the marketplace, new and pre-owned.

Pictures from one wrist may or may not resemble what your own personal 'look' will be. As stated above, pictures can distort the real physical attributes of the watch/wrist combination.

I say wait until you can invest the time to get to a store that can let you try it on and size it. Or offer to buy a cup of coffee to a current owner near you to try it on. Unless of course you've got the money to gamble...

MY wrist is about 6.75" inches and I've visited the BLNR several times recently to try it on. It looks just fine on my wrist. It definitely wears small for its size, presumably because of the big bezel. The thick lugs make it look more substantial, but not really any bigger, if that makes sense.

Obviously, everyone's tastes are different, but to my eye at least the GMT would almost certainly look just fine on you.

My wrist is 6.4 inches and think the GMTII looks fine on me. When one looks for wrist shots, it's

better to have it zoom out a bit to give a better perspective on fit. When you have the shot so tight, there may be lug overhang or close to it but actually it looks fine.

20150925182227_pubviflbljt.jpg

20150925182227_ipnwluuxjjq.jpg

20150925182228_0v0sw3iwdb3.jpg

20150925182228_nhleqboew5e.jpg

20150925182229_yigbngnr0tb.jpg

20150925182229_hbcgltnlls5.jpg

This is very true. Someone much smarter than me once explained this on the forum one time, and I wish I could find the post because it was great. He basically went into detail about why a camera will make close up wrist shots are terrible for showing the way a watch actually looks on your wrist.