Sign in to follow this  
watchlod

Gold Plated Tudor 7996 where can I get it replated - Gold Plating

I have a Gold Plated Tudor 7996 where can I get it re-plated, The original plating is in bad condition with pitting and deep scratches

I would like to have it re-plated any recommendations on a place in the US or UK. They might have to do some filling and then re-plating

I'd start with a reputable watch repair shop familiar with working on Tudor/Rolex. They may have a source that will do plating in a way that's worthy of the brand name.

Aged gold plated Tudor watches...Tudor watches without casebacks...what? You bought a storage locker abandoned by a retired watchmaker? Or did you do some drunk bidding on ebay in the middle of the night?

I wanted a Tudor, so I got a gold plated one for a decent price, I wanted a semi project I assumed I can have it re-plated and wear it, after buying the first one I saw the Day Date two tone one which is nicer imo it was a deal so I grabbed it, but the catch was its missing the case-back :)