Sign in to follow this  
daytonaking

GMT question - Anything special

Alright all you experts... A friend wants to buy and I want to help him figure out what its worth... Is there anything special about this particular watch for valuation purposes or should I just look for similar period GMT's?

Wil post additional photos when I get them from him...

Thanks

Looks like a 1675 with replacement second-hand and GMT hand. Case looks pretty fat. I am concerned about the dial. Can't tell from the pictures, but looks almost like a relume. Without more/better pictures from different angles, it is difficult.......near impossible to give much information. I can't even tell for sure if everything looks authentic.

I think the dial is ok-but if its not a relumen job then the index markers have suffered from some call 'moisture bloat' or slightly exploded index's from exposure to small amounts of moisture. Its not a fatal condition, imo. The gmat and second hands def. replaced and (as usually for me)I am suspicious of the glut of overly aged and so-called 'natural patina bezels. Its just funny to me how 5 yrs back there were very few highly faded GMT bezels and now every other vintage GMT has a fuchsia, pale pink and ghost silver 'natural' patina. I'm not saying it isn't an authentic rolex bezel-just....well. Overall-with a light polish on case and crystal polish or replace it seems like a decent-not spectacular GMT and should be valued as such (minus the bracelet too)