Sign in to follow this  
uksfocus

GMT MasterII ?'s

I am looking at pulling the trigger on this watch. This guy was nice enough to let me test drive this watch for a couple of days to see how I like it and take it to an AD to have a look see inside. In the mean time I have some questions. The watch has an A SN witch I believe dates it to 1999 can anybody confirm this please? Second question is it only says "swiss" not swiss made at six o'clock. Is this right? The watch has lug holes is that correct for this vintage? How long does it take to open these puppies up and reseal them? This would be my first Rolex and I just want to get some peace of mine from some objective level headed folks

20150925182719_d2r3cnhk5aq.gif

. Well you know what i'm saying. Thanks

I sort of thought that was going to be the case. Today I called the local Rolex AD they opened her up and confirmed it was the real deal. I figured it was, but just wanted to make sure. Will post pics ASAP.

So you wouldn't purchase it if it was the right price and had a black bezel insert?? Kinda silly since it takes less than 5 min to swap-out, and a Pepsi or coke bezel should cost less than $100 if purchased in the right place (AD)

20150925182719_d2r3cnhk5aq.gif

"Swiss" and "Swiss Made" correlate to the type of light-charged Lume used on the dial. Prior to 1998, I believe, modern Rolex dials featured the "T-Swiss" writing, which referred to the radioactive content of the Tritium used as lume. When Rolex first switched over to a light-charged illuminating substance, Luminova, the dials read simply "Swiss". I believe this was only for one year, perhaps 1.5 years. They quickly switched to Super Luminova, and since then the dials have read "Swiss Made". 1999 is right around the correct age for your dial to read "Swiss"...

It came with Coke............Pepsi and Black! This watch is great! Easy to use and looks nice as well. I will post some shots soon I'm having issues uploading . The watch has not left my wrist since I've had it.