Sign in to follow this  
gshock

Anyone know where I can buy replacement rubber SAR straps?

My wrists are small. When I cut the factory SAR band as small as it would go, the watch was still too loose. I even completely removed the additional "Wetsuit" deployant clasp to get a little bit of a tighter fit, but the heavy case still swam around my wrist. I took the risk and cut my factory rubber straps a little shorter than the smallest position and drilled new holes for the bars, and after a year or so the rubber finally cracked and the bars broke through. I bought various aftermarket straps as a replacement but they look too skinny for the case, since the factory straps widen out as soon as they exit the bar area of the case. The factory replacement includes the whole deployant assembly and is quite expensive. Since I could simply reuse my old deployant clasp, can just the rubber straps alone be purchased?

I've seen some photos of newer SARs and it looks like the rubber straps might now have more cutting grooves than my old version did. Can anyone confirm if there was a design change in the strap since the original launch of this watch? It would be a great improvement if they did that, and I'd probably go ahead and spend the extra money for a new factory replacement.

I expect one of the Mühle-Glashütte authorized dealers could order

those for you. I don't know about the length range.

Right Time in Denver lists the SAR/Nautic Timer rubber strap, black

without the metal clasp, for $95.

Thanks,

rationaltime

Kisara,

What is your wrist size, by the way? The SAR is at the top of my German watch want list, but I have a small wrist as well. I'm wondering if I would have the same problem with the strap.

Thanks.

Hi -

Your friendly moderator here. Margaret Hillmann at Mühle sent me this:

Our official service partner USA is:

Right Time International Watch Center

7110 E. County Line Rd.

Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Telephone number is +1 303 862 3900

Right Time is the place to contact for all service matters.

I'll post this as a sticky as well for permanent reference!

Thanks for the info. I'm about 6.2"-6.25" so the strap would not work for me.

I see you got a replacement with a new design. It appears that it can be sized smaller than the old style. Does it fit your wrist now without extra modifications?

Hi,

I don't want to start a new thred and will put my (similar to the original) question here:

I want to change the leather strap of my M29 Classic with bracelet. Where can I order an original bracelet online? I don't have Muhle-Glashutte authorized dealer in my country.